2/19/2009

Let down, but I won't fall.

It's another week here on Earth. As I go about my day to day activities, I can't help but realize just how lucky I am. I feel so let down about a great job I didn't get recently, yet there are those I see on the streets wearing the same clothes day in and day out. It makes working fast food a luxury and a privilege. And I even know that when the economy picks up again, I too can have the "closetoperfect" (I say this because there is NO perfect job) career I've so been longing for! One that is custom made for me.

As I write this my thoughts keep going back to Cindy, a homeless woman I met one cold fall night when she applied at Good Times. She had been homeless since April, when family kicked her out for who knows what. She filled out an app, we gave her some food and sent her on her way. Her application pushed aside, obviously. I wish I was store manager at that moment. I wonder if she scraped up enough money for a hotel room that night, like she said she was trying to do (and I believe her). I gave her all I had on me, which was pennies. I've never given $ to a homeless person before. I always had the feeling that they would spend it on drugs or alcohol. But this woman was actually applying places. "According" to her; she had a job for 3 days, but lost it when the manager found out she was on the streets. Can't be trusted. How then, can she be trusted if you will never give her a chance? I saw her again one night at the gas station, but she left before I could talk to her.

I pray for her. I pray for me. That I will become the woman God meant for me to be. Not feeling sorry for myself because things aren't "perfect". But happy that I have eternal life waiting for me, and happy I have food, family, friends and a life. Thank you!

No comments: